Thursday, January 27, 2022

My first "Mood Board"


So, I've been an insomniac for as long as I can remember. I am also super busy like ALL.THE.TIME.

Often, by the time I'm rolling into bed, I'm exhausted but not sleepy. I historically have lain in bed for sometimes hours before falling asleep and that's really not good. 

What can a person do? Besides actually getting OUT of bed until such time one is ready to sleep, there are a couple of things I have found work for me. These things are the subject of my first "Mood Board". Mood boards are also called Inspiration boards and can for just about anything! 

So, what IS a Mood Board? According to Oxford Language, Mood Board is a noun that means: an arrangement of images, materials, pieces of text, etc. intended to evoke or project a particular style or concept.

Businesses use them to envision their branding, interior designers use them to create a colour wheel for a particular room. Why can't WE use them to inspire us, or even just to remind us of things that help our well-being? We CAN!

This mood board seen above is my first one. It is a small collection of the things I know have helped me in the past with my sleep issues. Having this printed out near my bed helps me remember... instead of being frustrated when I can't sleep, get up and make some tea, smell some lavender... hold my amethyst for a few minutes while calm breathing, put on my water soundscapes. 

But, couldn't one just remember what works without the help of a mood board? Sure, maybe some could, maybe you could sometimes, but... when we get into that "nothing is working" mindset, it is so easy to overlook pretty much EVERYTHING in order to wallow. The mood board close by is a VISUAL FOCAL REMINDER to get out of that "can't do" attitude and take care of your mind/body/soul WELLNESS!

It's easy to make and Canva (where I made mine) has a number of free templates to get you started, just search "mood board"! I would love to hear about yours, comment and tell me about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment